Respecting your privacy
The types of information we collect and hold
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you including:
- ID information such as your name, home, postal or email address and telephone numbers.
- Other contact numbers such as social media handles.
- Financial details such as credit card number.
- Finance application details such as date of birth, drivers licence, passport and credit references.
- Personal information about other individuals as referrals for us to approach for sales of our products and services. We will rely on you to inform these individuals you are providing their personal information.
- We may collect information about you because we are required by law to collect it.
How we collect your information
We understand that your personal information needs to be looked after and isn’t something that should be left lying around. So unless it is unreasonable or impracticable we will try and collect personal information directly from you.
This information may be given to us when you have:
- Completed one of our order forms.
- Completed an inquiry form from our website.
- Completed our competition entry form.
- Completed a finance application form.
- Given us call.
- Dropped into one of our shopping centre display stands.
- Posted or messaged us through Face book or other social media sites.
- Completed an inquiry on a website with which we are linked.
We may also collect information from publicly available sources or from referrals from your friends or relatives.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to:
- Provide you with the products or services you require.
- Provide the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
- Let you know of other products or services we provide or promotions related to these.
How we may hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format in storage facilities we own and operate, or owned and operated by our service providers.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access by:
- Confidentiality requirements of our employees.
- Document storage policies.
- Security measures for access to our systems.
- Control of access to our premises.
- Electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our websites.
While we take steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to safeguard your information.
We only keep your information for as long as we require for our purposes. We are also required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under law. When we no longer require your information we will ensure that your information is destroyed.
How we use your information
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- Processing your orders to supply our products and services.
- Providing you with information about our products and services.
- Assisting you with enquiries about our products and services.
- Managing the delivery of products and services to you.
- Administering the products and services including billing you and collecting any amounts you may owe us.
We may use your information so that we can promote and market our products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways including:
- Social media.
- Display advertising on websites.
- On line content.
And may continue after you cease acquiring our products or services from us until you opt out by calling us by using the contact details in the How to contact us section of this Privacy Statement.
When we disclose your information
We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisation and contractors that assist us deliver the products and services to you. These services include:
- Installation, maintenance and repair services.
- Information technology and network services.
- Billing and debt recovery functions.
- Marketing and market research services.
- Finance providers.
- Your representatives or any person acting on your behalf.
- Our professional advisors.
We will not disclose your information to organisations based outside Australia.
Correcting your personal information
If you think there is something wrong with the information we hold then please contact us by using the contact details in the How to contact us section of this Privacy Statement and we will try to correct it if it is:
- Out of date.
We will make the corrections within 14 days from when you asked us. If we cannot make the corrections within the 14 day time frame we will let you know about the delay, the reasons for it and when we expect to resolve the matter.
Accessing your personal information
We will always give you access to your personal information unless there are certain legal reasons why we cannot.
You can ask us for access to your personal information by using the contact details in the How to contact us section of this Privacy Statement.
We are not always required to give you access to your personal information. Some of the situations where we do not have to give you access include when:
- There is an unreasonable impact on other individuals.
- The request is frivolous.
- The information would not be ordinarily accessible because of legal proceedings.
- It would prejudice negotiations with you.
- It would be unlawful.
- It would jeopardise taking action against serious misconduct by you.
- It is not possible for us to identify you.
Unsolicited Personal Information
People often share information with us (referred to as “unsolicited information”). When we receive unsolicited personal information about you, we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our business. If it is, we will handle this information the same way we do with other information we seek from you. If not, we will ensure we do the right thing and destroy that information.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You can choose to contact us anonymously or use a pseudonym. If you do we may not be able to assist you with your enquiry as we need to know who we are dealing with. In general we will not be able to deal with you anonymously or when you use a pseudonym when it is impracticable to do so.
Resolving your privacy issues
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. You are always welcome to contact us using the contact details in the How to contact us section of this Privacy Statement.
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. We will attempt to resolve the complaint within five business days.
About this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement has been issued by Half Price Shutters Enterprises Pty Ltd effective as at 12 March 2014, From time to time, we may need to charge this Privacy Statement. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website www.halfpriceshutters.com.au and it will apply to all your information held by us at the time.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement or our management of your information, please let us know by contacting us on
02 9760 6000 or writing to us at email@example.com